I just want everyone to know...

my son is 10 months old. lately he's been doing things even after i tell him no.. and he crinkles up his face soo cute and looks at me and does it anyway. I haven't wanted to spank him cause everyone makes it sounds so horrible like id be a terrible mom.. well he kept touching the laptop (for hte past few days) so finally i said NO and gave him a swat on the bottom and I tell you what. he quit (after testing and then listened to NO) and went and did something else.

Ahh. It feels good to have him listen.

Anyone else have success stories of ANY kind?? :)

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i tap bailey on the butt too. your not a terrible mother for doing that. i hate it when parents stand there and say no no no no no no no no well you get the picture and the lil one isn't listening to them at all. you are not hurting anything but their feelings when you get their butt. and he listened didnt he?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• yep. it worked like a charm. now when i say no he whines for about 5 seconds and moves on to bigger better things.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• yep amazing how discipline works lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I have yet to spank my 10 month olds bottom but that is just because I haven't had to yet and by all means if he is being a little butt then he will get a smack on his butt, LOL!! I have had to smack his hand though cause he likes to grab at electrical wires.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 9:00 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• smacking his hands doesn't work for me he smacks me back!! he isn't just a little booger he's a BIG BOOGER
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:03 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• well my baby is to young to do that...but I was telling my boyfriends mom if My daughter gets into things and when i tell her no and she doesn't stop then i'm gonna spank her...and OMG! they flipped out and was like you shouldn't spank her blah blah blah..it was really dumb..because i'm pretty sure they did it to their kids....so annoying.! but neways i'm happy your son stop doing it after you did that hopefully he learned not to touch things he's not suppose too. :-)
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• thats great he listened I dont see anything wrong with that at all hell I tell my 9 yr old son if he keeps it up we are going to the back yard and I mean it lol dont let anyone make you feel bad for it

sunkist9

Answer by sunkist9 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2009