Does any one live in a trailer?

If so Did your pipes freeze? Mine did...and it's the main pipe so it really sucks. :-(

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Let your water trickle just a drop every few seconds to keep your pipes open. This will keep your pipes from freezing in the future.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I used to and my pipes would freeze all the time. Do you have the heat tape and make sure its plugged in and everything. The PP is right though, let your water drip just a little bit overnight. I moved out of mine 5 years ago, but this winter has been the first winter I've had problems in my new house...our pipes are frozen today too!! Boo!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Our water pipes are run threw our heat duc with heat tape on them so i don't ever have to worry about them...and then last time the main pipe froze my boyfriend bought some more heat tape and installation and put that around the main pipe he even tied our dryer hos pointing towards the main pipe..so I really don't get why it would be frozen... but newho Last night before we went to bad I asked him if i should let the water drip in all the sinks and stuff...and he said no...so ha!! finally I was right and he was wrong!!...I swear guys think they know it all!!
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i don't now but we used to, my dh would crawl under the trailor and wrap the water pipes in insulating every fall. and we would always leave the water on in the bathroom and kitchen, just a slow trickle overnight and they never froze. my dh's sister who lived near us also lived in a trailor and everytime it got cold enough her pipes froze. she never left her water running, no one could accuse her of being smart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• When we lived in a trailer Dh had to go under with a blow drier once to unfreeze them...I guess that one wasn't so bad.

And once my mom brought of one of those giant garage heaters that we hooked up to blow heat under the house. The pipes were really frozen that time but they unfroze in about 5 minutes with that high heat.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• But I got a another ?....If it's the main pipe thats frozen....and if it's frozen for a while...would it bust my other water pipes that are in the house??
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I never thought about that...I should probably get one of those heaters then!

nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• It was so cold last night ours froze too, we even had the heat tape and an infer-red light on our pipes. Yes it does suck!
    mssham

Answer by mssham at 9:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• We lived in one up until a few months ago. I called it my tin can. LOL. Our pipes froze last winter. They didn't burst (thank God), but it took a long time to thaw them out. We had to go buy some bottled water.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• We live in a trailer. So far, ours haven't frozen. We have heat tape and insulation on them.
    Tigger9406

Answer by Tigger9406 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2009