What is the best way to sell girl scout cookies?

I have two girls that are new to girls scouts this year and we are needing tips on what's the best way to sell cookies.

rib

Asked by rib at 9:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• dont they go door to door. when my kids had to sell stuff we always just called friends and family. lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Set up a table outside walmart or target.Also, have hubby take an order form to work and go around to local businesses. Also ask friends, families, and neighbors.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I always went to our neighbors and friends of the family to sell Girl Scout cookies. My mom also took it to work to sell. Our girl scout troop also sat out in front of Kroger selling cookies once the cookies arrived. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Thanks and I have ask at a few places and they will not let us sit up a booth
    rib

Answer by rib at 9:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• take them to you or ur hubby's job or grandparents job.
    outside stores check cashing places ,banks ,restraunts ,games soccer baseball .word of mouth .family hit them up
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• When my daughter sold them we got out DAY 1 and went downtown to local businesses. She did great! We went to the Chamber of Commerce, City Offices, the District Attorney's Office. They were all more than happy to help out and delivery was soooooo easy too!
    I printed a little flyer 1/2 page that had her name and phone number troop info if they had any questions or wanted to order more! Beauty shops are also a great place if they will allow you to sell. My hair dresser posted a cookie order form and colleced money for us too.
    Good luck!
    deardrush

Answer by deardrush at 9:46 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• We are in the process of selling them now. I had my mom and dad take the form to work, my husband took the form to work, I asked all the parents that drop their kids off and pick them up at school. The people at the gym (hee hee). And we have been going door to door. Quite honestly, I'm scared when all these cookies come in! Oh about setting up a table, you can't do that yourself, the local girl scout leader has approved locations and they give you times for setting it up. The door to door sales.....as soon as you say "girl scout cookies" people just throw their doors open and say "YES". Good luck!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I don't like doing the pre-order sales -- it's twice as much work. First you have to go around to various places to get the orders, and then go back around later to deliver the cookies. And hope that you can get a hold of that person, and they do have the cash to pay you, etc.

We just order several cases of the most popular varieties, and then sell them whenever/wherever we happen to be. For example, at my son's baseball practice, my daughter will put on her vest and set up a few cases on the bleachers. If the dog has a vet appointment, the vet office will get her sales pitch. If we're going skiing, the skiers parked near us will get her sales pitch. Since we have the cookies now and they pay now, there's no need to go back and deliver/collect.

My way won't get the MOST sales, but it's the no-hassle way to get a REASONABLE number of sales.
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 3:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I love GSC - the purple box caramel coconut things. I always just plan to buy them outside the grocery store. Yum!
    Anonymous

• I think the best (safest) way is to just ask people you know...friends, family, and neighbors. They make doorhangers that you can hang on people's doors with your troop info and a little order form thing so if the neighbors would like to order they can...I think it's safer that way as well.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009