Should I freeze or refrigerate chocolate covered ice cream cones?

I just double layer chocolate covered ice cream cones thickly with melted chocolate for part of a birthday cake. I dont need them until sun am, should I store them frozen or what? It is easiest for me to put them in the freezer, I just dont want the choc. to crack and I dont want them to be soggy when they thaw. What do you think?

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• fridge would be fine i think
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• if there's ice cream inside the chocolate, you should freeze them, otherwise it's going to get nasty!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I'm assuming there's no ice cream in them, so just keep them in the fridge. If you're house is cool, they'd be fine at room temp, too, as long as the chocolate is real chocolate and was tempered before it was put on the cones. If you didn't make them, though, I'd keep them in the fridge, covered.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You just made me very, very, hungry ; )
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• The cones will get soft if you put them in the fridge.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2009