How do you keep an almost 1 yo still while you change his diaper?

My son does not want to stay still while I change him. No matter what I give him to play with. Any ideas?

Masonsmom8907

Asked by Masonsmom8907 at 8:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We used to play the Bug Game. I would tell them that the bugs were coming so they had to stay still. While I was changing them a new bug would come. Sometime it was a kissing bug, this is when I would kiss them all over. Other times it was the tickle bug and I would tickle them.

Try not to get to mad when he moves all over. Remember there are not many things in his life that he can control and this is one of them.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• sing a song to him. I still do this sometimes w/ my 18 month old.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i became really good at holding them w/ my arm and changing a diaper..i worked in childcare for years and years and this just became second nature to me
    Elizabeth1015

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• we wrestle.sometime i win ,sometimes i don't.lol
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2008