cramps, cramps, cramps. Please Help!

My dd is 4 months old and since she was born I've had 3 periods. It's about time for another (actually a little late) and I have been having wretched cramps for a week now with no period. What is up?

Just so you know I am nursing and usually when I start my period cramps only come a few hours before. I've taken a pregnancy test and I'm not pregnant and I'm also not on any kind of birth control, Has anyone else experienced this? It hurts so bad I don't know what to do. Please Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just went through the same thing. Pregnancy test and all. The only difference is that my baby is five months old and this was my third period. I hurt like crazy. I have to say that not one of the three periods I have had so far was like what I used to have before my baby. Actually none of them was like any of the other either. They're totally irregular! I guess it must be normal to have bizarre periods after baby. I hope it goes back to the way it was though!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2009