Are my pans too old?

When I try to fry something it tends to stick even if I use "Pam"
what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• yes its time for new pans :) get the non-stick kind and make sure they are not THIN feel and compare pans.. thicker ones are always better and will last longer. teflon pans are good. just make sure they are non stick :) you might have to pay a little more for thicker pans but it is well worth the money :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• faberware is a good brand
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• so is circulon. but those get pricey but they are great!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Depends on what kind of pans you have. I use cast iron skillets. My oldest frying pan is 30yo. If you have cheep flimsy pans. they will wear easily.

Answer by louise2 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If your talking cookie sheets, I only use the airbake pans, they are awesome! As for skillets I use cast iron and I bought a new set of pots and pans at Target, they are Bialetti, they weren't the most expensive but are oven proof and I don't put them in the dishwasher. They are so easy to wash!
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 10:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Sounds like you do, especially if you are using Pam and it's still sticking. The ones with the non-stick coating are great, as well as ceramic and cast iron ones, but they can be a little pricey. However, from experience, I don't think you should skimp on a good set. I have a set from QVC of Technique Brand (they also have Cooks Essentials) that you can get for @ $100 and they work wonderfully!
    L_Bass

Answer by L_Bass at 3:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• yep. It's time. I have a really old skillet that I love using, but everything sticks and burns, so I had to stop using it.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If the pan Is supposed to be a Non- Stick teflon pan then YES! Other metals that are not coated do not wear out.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 7:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• After using cast iron fry pans I tossed out all of my "other" pans. I won't waste money on pans that need replacing in five years. The only thing with cast iron is you got to take care of it and keep it clean and well seasoned. Frankly it's easier than trying my best not to scratch up expensive non-stick pans!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2009