How old was your child the first time they had fast food?

I have a friend who buys kids meals for her 12month old. Do other moms do this? Please be honest, and please no bashing!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• He was almost 2. And it's rare that we eat it anymore, so he hardly gets it. I always try to get the healtier choices for him too.
    ilovemyjoes

Answer by ilovemyjoes at 10:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My son tried french fries at a young age, I think maybe when he was 6 or 7 months old. He didn't actually get a Happy Meal until he was older and could chew of course.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my parents told me i had fast food ever since i could chew. that was a big mistake. im addicted now. me and my s/o decided we're not going to give our daughter fast food until she's probably about 10.
    MissMommy731

Answer by MissMommy731 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• nine or ten months
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My son is almost 2 and he has never had it. He has had Subway a couple of times if you count that.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• She was older than 12 months, that's for sure. I was driving a 19 hour drive home, by myself and my toddler. She woke from her nap and the only thing around was a mcdonalds lol..and it had a playplace so we got some food and she played and ate. Thank god for that place, I really needed the break and she needed to play.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My son is 3 and my daughter is 16 months...I don't like it too much when I feed them fast-food but sometimes it's almost a must. I just don't do it very often.I would rather them eat home cooked meals.
    MrsSethRussell

Answer by MrsSethRussell at 10:52 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it, so long as the child either has the food cut up or has enough teeth to chew up the food. I think people get to caught up in dont feed your kid this and that. It's a cheeseburger, and fries, there is nothing wrong with that. I think I bought my son his first kids meal, at like 15 months or so. He is now 3 and a half. and I have a 16 month old, and when we go to Mcdonalds he gets a double cheeseburger from the dollar menu. I don't let him eat the whole thing, as thats too much for a 16 month old, but he eats half or so. So no I don't think it's wrong every now and again.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• About a year old.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• About 18 months old. I really dont see anything wrong with unless she was eating it everyday.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 11:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2009