Are you afraid of Flying? Given the recent events...

yesterday's plane landing in the Hudson River, the crash in Queens a few years ago, or the even t of 9/11. I wouldn't say I'm afraid of flying but these events and others don't make me want to hop on a plane right away. I guess I'm alittle weary.

NuMommy87

Asked by NuMommy87 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well heck everyone survived yesterday. The coverage I'm watching is singing the praises of the pilot.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• higher chances of getting in a car wreck.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My mother is the reason I'm terrified of flying. I've never been on a plane before (I've never had anywhere to go that requires a plane lol) but she always showed me every single horror story about every single plane crash when I was a kid. It just so happens that I was going to get to go to the UK in 2002 with an academic student group summer camp type thing. My parents were going to do whatever they could to get me there, buuuut then 9/11 happened. My mom FREAKED. She forbade me to go, and I regret it to this day.

So yeah, I'm a little afraid of flying. But it does make me feel better when I see how many times my boyfriend's family has flown from Costa Rica to here or from here to Costa Rica. They're all perfectly safe and sound. I know my fears are a teensy bit unfounded, considering how many people fly every day.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• NOPE I'm not afraid of flying!! more people are killed in car crashes every day than planes!! My sister works for US Airways, good thing the pilot was who he was.. JMO..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 10:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I was afraid already but mostly because of my lack of control over the situation....
    Its crazy to know birds can bring down a plane though. But I will not live in fear so I know I will fly again, I want to see way too many places to let me fear stop me. And I do realize car crashes are way more likely to happen. Just think of how many people you have to kind of trust when you drive. And then think of how many CRAZY people there are out there who shouldn't be behind the wheel. Hm, maybe I will take a trained pilot any day over a crazy motorist, haha.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 10:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• not at all.. things happen. i'm surprised more planes dont crash. thank god they don't though!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Nope... I don't like being packed in there like sardines and that's why I'm not overly fond of flying. But the chances of my plane crashing are way lower than my chances of wrecking my car, so I don't feel afraid of flying.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• No...flying is safe, but it did kind of freak me out that a stinkin bird can take out a plane! Once again, I'm impressed by New York though...there were a lot of people out taking care of each other yesterday with those ferry boats willing to help. 155 all safe with only one injury?! Props to the pilot as well!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I am afriad of flying, but have been since before 9-11 and the recent events. However, I still fly - I just dont like too. I have anixtey about alot of issues and I dont want my fear of flying to stop us from taking our DD to disney or anywhere else for that matter.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I hate flying. It scares me senseless.

But I LOVE driving really, really fast.

I'd rather die in a car. it's quicker.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2009