how long can i refuse to breastfeed-

if baby not getting any other form of milk but is eating 3 meals a day and drinking lots of water and jucie?? baby is 10months old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think he would be ok to not get anymore breast milk, as long as they are healthy. But you really should give them some regular milk or formula. You should talk to your doctor about this...
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• ^Not regular milk! Regular milk isn't easily digestible for children that age and should never be given before one year of age unless specifically given instruction by a doctor.

To the OP:
    Solids before age 1 are actually more practice than nutrition, and while your child is eating 3 meals per day...they may still not be getting the nutrition that they need. Up until one year of age a child's primary source of nutrition should be breastmilk or formula unless otherwise instructed by your doctor. I also wouldn't be giving a 10 month old ANY juice (unless they show signs of constipation) because of the sugar content, and they also don't need to drink much water at that point either. Please be careful giving a 10 month old water, as water poisoning can and does happen.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i think its ok to stop. if he doesnt want it dont force it. my kids stop them selves about 3 - 5 months old. they are all healty and have good weighing at the dr.breast feeding is not for eveyone,they are a many of baby doing just fine without breast milk ; and i cannot wait until my 3 mnth old could start eating human food.lol
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• thanks for the answers just like to add that i dont give my daughter pur jucie , just a tiny amount with waterand i always boil her water first, i also no that she not allowed cows milk b4 the age of 1....i did speak to a health visitor and he suggested i try aptamil but she will not drink any other milk ive tryed them all also all teats...
    Anonymous

• forever. 10 mos doesn't really need it.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• my bad, he does need formula.
    princezzmommie