what do you do when your boyfriends family hates you

we have an 8 month old son together. his family including his bitch of a sister has been nothing but rude and disrespectful to me. they say things to him about me thta make it perfectly clear that they dont think im good enough for him. i am bipolar, and he told his parents that, and now every fight we have, they say "oh, well its her fault cause she has the mental problems" in so may words. when a lot of the time, he acts like a 2 year old. how can you make a family work, when he will always choose his "blood" family over me.

im so sad, and feel so alone, and i dont know what to do anymore. im exhausted

connorsmommy418

Asked by connorsmommy418 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I am sorry to hear this the only thing I think I would do it to leave him I mean why live a life with some one who only makes you feel really bad not to mention his family doesn't help.

Well you can ask him hey let's move away just the three of you I think that is a start but if he is not willing to do that or change I think it is time for you to move on with your life. You can not live like this and your baby will sense this. Think you and your baby. For the better. I know it will be hard at first but you are not the only one woman go through life with all kinds of problems and they make it through...You will be alright girl THINK OF YOU AND THE BABY'S FUTURE. YOU ARE SMARTER THAN THAT.GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would tell them look, If you wanna be in MY SONS life your going to have to deal with me!!! I would tell them they do not have to like you but they WILL Respect you!!

Ps Love the name conner, My 10 mo olds name is conner too lol

good luck
    Connersmom9956

Answer by Connersmom9956 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• For your own mental heath, you might need to get out of this unhealthy relationship.

Answer by louise2 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would be a bigger bitch back...in my case my fiance's ex girlfriend lives with his parents :[ I don't really see how it could get any worse!
    MrsSethRussell

Answer by MrsSethRussell at 10:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My husband and I knew from the get go that if his family or my family didn't like either of us-the relationship wouldn't work.

For a family to work you really need to have a majority if not all of the family supportive. And if he sees his family a lot-it's not fair to ask him to choose. Honestly, I personally wouldn't be in a relationship like that. I would leave. And hope that he would see what he had was good and he will either go along with his family-in which case you'd be lucky to not be in that relationship. Or he would tell his family to back off and fight for you.

Only you can decide what is best for you and your family. Good luck.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would have a talk with him. Find out if he agrees with what they are saying and go from there. If he tells you that he doesn't care what they say, then you shouldn't care what they say. You aren't dating them. You don't have a kid with them. They don't matter. Maybe have a talk with them and tell them if they are going to act that way, you don't want your kid around them because it isn't fair to put him in the middle of it. Maybe the threat of losing the grandchild will make them realize it is very immature. Good luck!
    LilMae.N.MDJr

Answer by LilMae.N.MDJr at 11:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• girl it dnt matter what u do they going to feel how they want to bout u so just go on with urself my hubbys fam didnt like me cuz i am white and u no what i say i dnt have to lay down at nite with them i love him and i could careless what they think of me if u love him and he loves u then fuck em
    fancylady22

Answer by fancylady22 at 4:12 AM on Jan. 17, 2009