I need a kick in the a** today!

I know for sure I have a maximum of one week left on this pregnancy. I am now 40 weeks and my dr. said he would induce me in a week if I still haven't gone on my own. I have plenty to keep me busy...my house is a wreck and I need to do all the laundry and cleaning, pack our bags, and all the good stuff...but I have no ambition to do it. I have 8 homework assignments I should be doing, and in the last 3 hours, I've managed to do one assignment and make breakfast. lol...not exactly the level of productivity I was hoping for!

So what do you do to motivate yourself when you're feeling good and lazy and just cant be.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• YES you do need a kick here's one from Texas...lol

I am the exact same way I usually tell myself ok I am going to get some good rest or sleep and forsure tomorrow I will do something you can't do too much in one day or you will loose interest and not do nothing. Take baby steps.good luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• At this point, you SHOULD be taking it easy. I packed the bad and let DH take care of the rest! JMO
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I don't really feel bad or anything...Just lazy. I even got decent sleep last night which is weird for me since I have had a really bad time with insomnia. I think its pure laziness...lol. Plus, its so out of hand at this point I don't even know where to start! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Just suck it up and just get one things on your list to do done... like laundry... if I can get just one thing done... it motivates me to do the others.

dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 11:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Tell yourself that you are only going to spend 10 or 15 minutes on each thing. It really helps, by the time you get close to 15 minutes you are so close to being done usually that you just finish it.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I know this sounds trite but it is true...life by the yard is hard...by the inch a sinch! Slow and steady wins the race. Here is a kick in the butt from Toledo, Ohio.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Lol...thanks guys! I did manage to get quite a bit done today, despite myself! lol. I've still got a long way to go, but at least I made a dent in it!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2009