Does anyone use Bare Escentual's BareMinerals Foundation?

ive seen a lot of infomercials on BareMinerals and am really interesting in trying it. i currently use liquid foundation and concealer. now that i live in a warmer climate, when i have my sunglasses on the foundation runs off and leaves streaks. is it really worth $60 for the start up kit and then $25 for foundation refills? for those that use it, how do you like it and how often do you have to buy more foundation? i generally put foundation on everyday. thanks!

AgentBrez

Asked by AgentBrez at 8:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Yes I totally think it is worth it. I have been wearing it for years. Turned my mom, mother in law and sisters on to it as well. If you live in a large city there should be a department store that sells it and maybe you can get a free make over before you invest $60.
    I do want to say that $60 goes a long long way. Alittle bit of the make up is all you really need.
    Mrsandiyoung

Answer by Mrsandiyoung at 9:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i did call their 800 number and they gave me a list of places that sell it where i could try it first. the closest is about 30 mins away. not too bad i guess, but with 2 kids under 2 i would have to go on the weekend and we just moved into our first house so we have lots of things to do. do you remember how long the start up kit lasts you? when i told my husband about it he was wondering how much the follow up purchases are to what i use now compare, so if i knew it lasted a long time that would help. hope that made sense. thanks for your reply!
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 9:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Yes it is worth it! There a other great mineral powders too. You need to have someone teach you how to apply it though - its not like regular powder. I use Arbonne mineral powder, but if I wasn't an Arbonne consultant i would use the BareMinerals because its impossible to match yourself from a catalogue. Do you have a Sephora nearby? they carry it, plus they'll match you and show you how to apply like a pro. Once you go with mineral powder the sight of liquid foundation will gross you out. Its made out of some really gross stuff anyway.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 9:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• See...when it comes to my make-up I'm a control freak. I don't want a 'kit'. I want what I know works for me. I go with L'Oreal Bare Naturale so I can pick and chose individually. By the time I've put it all together it's about $40.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• absolutely worth it
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i love it!!
    LitningBug

Answer by LitningBug at 3:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I decided to try it so bought some last night. I used it today without high expectations but was shocked to see how much I liked it. I live in FL and like the above poster said, the heat sometimes makes liquid foundation run. I'm impressed and I'm cheap so was leary on spending the money too but glad I did! I look great today. Too bad that louse bf didnt stop by to see how great I look! LOL

Answer by admckenzie at 5:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I couldn't live without it! It lasted through me being in labor for 26 hours! Talk about good make-up! And I get as new thing of foundation about every 2-3 months it doesn't take alot. And if you forget to take it off it doesn't make you break out but overall the extra money for that instead of the cheap mineral make up is worth it the quality is soo much better!
    cristyanne

Answer by cristyanne at 9:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I've tried it too, and it works great! In an effort to save money, though, I decided to try L'Oreal's Mineral Makeup and that's worked just as great at a much lower price. Temps on a typical summer day are over 100 where I live, and I've never had to reapply during the day.
    Nubz

Answer by Nubz at 3:01 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Nope! Mary Kay's mineral powder is only $28 (including the brush), and refills are $28. It is great!
    www.marykay.com/tracy.harris
    mkmomtracy

Answer by mkmomtracy at 10:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2008