If you are married does your partner contribute equally to the caretaking of your children and the household duties?

Haley.Hannan

Asked by Haley.Hannan at 10:46 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• hell no!! i know im a stay at home mom, so i know i should be taking care of the majority of things, but even on his days off he feels its his right to sit and do nothing!! wheres my day off? yeah, we get into many fights about this one!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:48 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• With the kids...yes. But with the house....no. I'm somewhat okay with this because he works outside the home and his job is very physical and dangerous--but there are times I wish he would do more. He does if I ask....and I wish I didn't have to ask.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• yepp he probably cleans more that i do actually. but i take care of mason the most.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• No, and I don't expect him to. I am a SAHM and he works at least 10 hour days busting his butt so I can be. He's great about taking care of the yard-work on his days off and he helps out when I ask or with simple things, but most of the household stuff is done by the time he gets home and with the kids I know where everything is and how everything is done on a daily basis so it's just easier for me to take care of it.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:52 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• HELLLLLLLL NO!!
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• No. I do the daily care for the house and family. I make the meals, clean the house do laundry and do the bathes and bedtimes, and mornings. He does the car care and picks up from daycare. We both work full time jobs outside of the home but his is harder than mine.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 11:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• When my husband is home he does. Obviously while he is at work I do everything, and when he comes home, he would watch the kids while I made dinner and then after dinner it's shared completely. I think if it isn't, the wife may get resentful at times. I was blessed with a husband who always wants to make sure I am happy, and get time for me, so a lot of the times on weekends I get to sleep in because my husband will get up with the kids.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yes. Right now I'm pregnant again and really sick, so he does much more than me....laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. He's a saint. Normally though, we share the duties.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 11:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yes my husband helps alot with the kids and the house cleaning and also with the cooking he is a wonderfull husband and father wouldn't know what to do with out him we both work fulltime and come home and take care of the kids,cook,help with homework oh we have 5 kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I am very fortunate! My husband is a doll when it comes to our kids so far. Granted we our twins are a week and a half old, but he does just as much if not more than I do right now. I know next week when he goes back to work it will change some, but I'd venture to say once I go back to work, he'll be just as helpful as he's always been!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 11:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2009