Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody know if there is any organization that helps people with say, frozen pipes?

My friend has 3 kids. A newborn, a 4 year old and a 6 year old. They're pretty broke as she just went back to work and was on bed rest for a portion of her pregnancy. She awoke to find her pipes frozen. Any ideas?

Answer Question

Asked by Krysta622 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 23 (15,412 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • does she rent? the landlord could help.. i don't really know other than that. did she forget to run her water last night lol.. it was so cold i had to run mine a bit.

    Answer by celticreverie at 11:05 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • Depending on where she lives, there should be some sort of crisis aid through her local social services. she should call and ask them. Here in Minnesota our Energy Assistance program helps people with all that stuff.

    Answer by 12crazykids at 12:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • Hubby says they may not burst if you let them thaw on their own. If she tries to heat them up they may burst. He says turn the water on very very little to let the water go through AFTER they start to thaw. She will probably need to use bottled water for now until she can find help. Good Luck and contact United Way.

    Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.