morning after pill

Does anyone know anything about the morning after pill?? I've heard of it..but never actually thought about useing it... just wanted to see other peoples take on it... if it works what knot like that...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Health

• first of all it is not like abortion, it works the same way as other hormonal birth control methods, and like other methods it is not 100% --- I used it one time after we had a condom slipping issue, and I'm now expecting a baby girl in October, LOL. I think the reason it didn't work for us was that it was only one day before I was due to ovulate and the morning after pill is most effective when it's taken in time to prevent ovulation, not just implantation. But I guess it worked out for the best, I can't imagine my life any other way now!
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I have heard of it yes and from my understanding it usually works. It can only be used withing 72 hours though. Has about 80% to 90% effective. Morning after pill is just a blanket term used for all emergency contraceptive pills (ECP.) There are more then one kinds/types of medications that can be used. there is a totally different drug that is an "abortion pill" but they do not work the same nor do the same thing. I am not sure how either work though.
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 10:21 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i've used it once...a few years ago the condom came off w/ a guy i was dating and i soooo wasn't ready for babies...so i went into the health dept the next day and they did an exam and a preggo test ( i wasn't preggo yet, but it could happen) then they gave me the pill to take
    Elizabeth1015

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I used it about 2 months ago when my ex forced himself on me. I just went to the pharmacy and asked for it, showed some ID and paid for it. As far as I know, I am not pregnant, so I guess it seemed to work for me. Hope that helps.
    Anonymous

• Basically, it causes very early miscarriage. It kills any fertilized egg. In MY personal opinion (please don't yell at me, I said MY opinion) it's pretty much the same thing as avbortion.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i used it with a now exboyfriend we were dating after highschool and the condom ripped and we were alreday enrolled in college - him as a lawyer in Cali and me as a business major in Fla - we couldnt see ending our plans just yet and took the pill that planned parenthood suplied us and we are both happily married to differnt people - i have a 3 yr old and pregnant and they ar planning.
    its just another life decision that everyone needs to make for themselves.
    Anonymous

• I have news for you..women were doing "Emergency Birth Control" long before there was any pill out for it. My roomate in college went out partying and showed p the next day hungover looking like something the cat dragged in. The health center on campus told her to take 4 birth control pills at one time. She went to planned paerenthood got 3 months of BC Pills and took 4. 3 days later she had a period. At least 10 other women I know did that.
    Anonymous

• THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• it works so well that my ob/gyn has a message on his answering machine that says do not even think about asking me for this.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2008