best breast pump

hey i am planning to breast feed ( yay) and i need to get a pump b/c i will have to go back to work around her 8 week mark and also want other people to experience feeding her, so i am wondering about pumps i need to buy one asap and wondering which brands have worked best for everyone.. and doubles are like 100 more are they really worth it? please help thank you

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not that I tried a zillion different ones, but the Medela pump in style. Doubles just make it faster, which might be of benefit if you're working.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 11:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I've also only tried one, but I LOVE it. I have the Medela Pump in Style Advanced and it's great. I've actually been using it since 2007 with no problems! It's a double electric pump, so it's good for when you need to pump at work(it's fast and can also help with supply issues). It's a little expensive, but if you're like me, you can get a lot of use out of it!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• that is my choice also
    gerti

Answer by gerti at 12:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• a double pump is soooo worth it! I'd get the medela double. I have used it with two children and nothing has worked better. I pumped in 10 minutes, fully emptying each breast, it was amazing! medela has a new hands free one that is awesome. Just spend the extra money and get the best. its worth it. of all things to skimp on, breast pumps are not one of them. if you get one that doesn't work as well because you were trying to find a deal... you can't return it. check craigslist if you need to save a few bucks. you can always buy new tubing and such from the hospital or a breastfeeding store.
    LoveMyBlessings

Answer by LoveMyBlessings at 12:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i couldn't agree more w/ these ladies-the medela is the best ! I'll be using the pump in style-my best friend gave me hers, and it's in GREAT shape, so i'm excited, b/c they're expensive...but SO worth it !
    Good luck.....
    JADENMAC

Answer by JADENMAC at 3:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2009