how long is it going to be after you dilate 1 cm?

rmason

Asked by rmason at 9:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it could be days to weeks. no way to tell really. with my first i was dialted for 3 weeks before i had her. a friend of mine IRL had basically no progress and 3 days later had her baby. everyone is different. try not to put so much weight on how dialted and effaced you are, the baby when comes when s/he is ready! Congrats on your pregnany!
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 9:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• You can never really tell but it is a sign that the baby is actually comming one day....With my first I was dialated 1 at my 36 week check up. I had him 10 days late and had to be induced. And with my third I was dialated 5 for my last 2 weeks . It was really hard being at home dialated 5 but not in active labor. I finally just went into the hospital when I was having quite a few braxton hicks contractions and they asked me if I wasnt induced and I said yes please! lol You never really know how long it is gonna be just try to rest and get things ready. Good Luck!!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2008