My 2 year old son has a fever of 102.9

My 2 year old son has a fever of 102.9 should I take him to the er?

hismommy6509

Asked by hismommy6509 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2012 in Kids' Health

• I would alternate tylenol and motrin and see if it goes down unless there are other symptoms, all they will do is dose him with motrin and send you home.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• Give him some infant tylenol or Ibuprofen. And call your pediatrician tomorrow.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• have u given him medicine and it still hasnt gone down? Have you given him a luke warm bath, if you have done those 2 things and it hasnt come down if your not comfortable with waiting till the morning you should take him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• I have been giving him tylenol. he wont eat or play. He just wants to lay around. He keeps crying and he is so hot to the touch. It feels likes when you have a hot pizza box sitting on your legs
    hismommy6509

Comment by hismommy6509 (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• like staci said, alternate the meds give him a luke warm bath if you think it will make him feel better ( it helps bring temp down). There is a nasty URV going around that starts with a fever. SO watch him and call pedi tomorrow. Hope he feels better soon.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• Thank you ladies. I can't wait. He has been on meds all day and I have given him a bath. I am freaking out a little bit so I think I am going to take him to the ER now.
    hismommy6509

Comment by hismommy6509 (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• kids dont want to eat or play when they are sick just like adults dont want to clean or go to work, when you are sick it's a different day. try pedialyte popsicles for hydration and keep an eye on that temp. call a local nurses line or the ER itself if you need this verified by a professional. sorry he's sick.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• it could an an ear infection, if he is lathargic and not acting himself I would probably take him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• Off we go. Just to be on the safe side. I know my little man is in pain and I just want to make sure everything is okay. I appreciate all of the advice. And I will post on here what they say. Thank you again ladies :)
    hismommy6509

Comment by hismommy6509 (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• Hope you figure it out. And hope your little guy feels better soon.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2012