How could you not believe in God?

I know there are alot of people who believe in the evolution, but come on it says it in the bible and the stories that are told yes the bible has been altered a few times but it all sounds the same when you think back. The reason for this question is bc I was scolling through photos of mom's in labor and it made me sad to see one mom is a satanic worshipper :( she had just had a baby and I felt sad for the baby :(
They even have a group on here for that kind of thing and if you are interested just press the button for more info. I just left. YUK! I love you Jesus I can't wait for the day we will all be together and not have a worry of whatsoever from this world.
I know I am going to get smashed from you non believers but Jesus loves you too.
He is everywhere....believe in him.

Butterfly1108

Asked by Butterfly1108 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You don't have to believe in Christianity to believe in God. I don't believe in religion. I do believe in God.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:30 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• No matter how bad you want to prove me wrong, there has NEVER been concrete proof that God is real. But there has NEVER been concrete proof that God is not real, either.

That's why I'm agnostic. Until concrete proof is found, I leave my beliefs open-ended. I do believe in a higher power but if proof were found that one does not exist, I would be willing to deal with that as well.

And Farrahann is right, you don't have to be a Christian to believe in God.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Amen, Farrahann. God is God in everything there is. Your way isn't everyone's way and that's fine.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• How can I not believe in a god? Well, for starters I have studied all the major world religions and a few minor ones. Why are there so many different ones? Which one is the "right" one? Oh, yeah: yours! Then there is the total lack of evidence. And the fact that prayers aren't answered, horrible evil is "allowed" to exist, millions of "god's people" starve to death every year... he really isn't doing much to show how much he cares, is he?

Finally, please be aware that many, many people accept evolution AND believe in a god. They are not mutually exclusive.
    Anonymous

• How do you not believe in the tooth fairy?

Really we could go back and forth about why people believe as they do and what those beliefs entail. You don't have to agree with those beliefs but it would be in your best interest to respect the right the person has to believe as they do and withhold from saying anything negative about that person's belief to them for the simple fact you probably don't understand them.
    For the record, "satanists" do not worship satan. It's merely a play on word to show they are against the hypocrisy of some christians.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My honest answer is that I don't know if I believe in god. I hope there is a life after death. I'm just not sure there is one though. I mean, if there is a god then why do such terrible things happen? Why were 6 million jews killed in the holocaust. Why is there so much rape and murder in Africa? Why do people molest kids? And if you tell me it's cause Satan is in the world then why the hell doesnt god stop him?
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Whose god?

I mean, I could ask why you don't believe in the right god...but that would be rude, and disrespectful.

What I don't get, is why you can't see that your comment is equally rude and disrespectful.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 12:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Just so you know, OP, Christians don't own God. The belief in God existed long before Christianity ever did.

As far as why people do not believe...because you can not prove to them that God exist. Just as you cannot prove that Santa, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, etc exist.

Did you know that studies have been done and it is shown that most people who are Atheist are of very high intelligence.

In case you were unaware...most Satanist do not worship Satan. Satan is a purely Christian ideal. Those few groups that do actually worship Satan are considered a denomination of Christianity because they share the beliefs of Heaven/Hell and God and Satan.

Please remember that all it takes to define yourself as a Christian is to have a belief that Jesus is the Son of God.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 12:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• "...but come on it says it in the bible..."

The Bible says one thing, the Qur'an says another, the Veda says something else, the Torah something else... the Tipitaka something else.... and so on.

One is no more or less valid than another. I think people believe in whatever speaks to their soul --- people are unique, so it's no surprise that different things speak to different people.

When it all comes down to it, though --- we're all not that disimilar. At the core of virtually every religion is the good ol' Golden Rule (the way in which it's taught just uses different words).
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i have a friend who is a Satanist, and you really have no idea what you are talking about when judging someone who is a Satanist. go do some research on Satanism, every form of it, then do some research on your own faith and HONESTLY tell me you believe all that. go do research on EVERY religion and tell me you have the RIGHT and ONLY correct religion. stop judging others- did that girl have her baby sacrificed? obviously not if she was happily parading the pictures around. wasn't your jesus killed by people who judged him? hmm? then stop judging others, you're feeding into the hypocritical christian stereotype.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2009