Any Tips?

I'm so happy that my Sebastian becoming to be a big boy. Sebastian is going to be 2 years old at the end of this month. Last night he came, and told me that he had to go potty. So I took him to the bathroom and sat him on the toilet; to my surpirse he went.After that he got a dipee and laid in front of me.So I can put it on him. I'm think i'm going to try again with the potty trainning with him a again. Wish me luck. I just need to keep on him with it. I know that hes ready now. plus I just bought more dipee but I think I'm not going to open them. If anyone has any tips for me that would be great.

monalisa138

Asked by monalisa138 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Before you open the new package of diapers, show them to him and tell him that this is the last one you are going to buy and when they are gone, he will be a big boy! ~~ This will give you some time to train, and he can see the progress.
    Have him help you keep track of how may are left, especially as you get to the end of the package..."Look Sebastian, only 5 more diapers left!". I say skip the pull-ups. They only reinforce the kids bad habits. They are OK for a short, short, short time...but parents rely on them too much and it's harder in the end!
    It's exciting when a child initiates it on his own. Good Luck!!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2009