I had my son by c-section on November 20th 2008. I bled for a little while but don't recall a period. I had sex last weekend with my husband and we used condoms. How worried should I be about getting pregnant right now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• You shouldn't be worried if you had protected sex.

Answer by louise2 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Are you breastfeeding? According to La Leche League, if your baby is only breastfeeding, and not going more than 4 hours between feedings (one 6 hour gap is allowed per 24 hours), then you should not get pregnant. This only works until your baby is 6 months old - I'm not quite sure why.

If you aren't breastfeeding, your fertility could return any time, and you could get pregnant again. Personally, I detest condoms! Maybe your Ob/Gyn could suggest a form of birth control you can rely on, and that won't be a drag.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i agree with louise, you shouldnt be that worried. as long as the condom was on correctly you should be fine! im not on birth control, and me and my hubby only use condoms, and i had my daughter in july and sitll no other baby lol. so i wouldnt be too worried!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:52 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You have an approximately 3% chance of being pregnant......

That's how I now have my youngest. It didn't break, it was on correctly...and it was new. Tiny little hole somewhere obviously
    Anonymous

• You shouldn't worry at all if you were protected.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You shouldn't be worried. You used condoms. Unless there was any intercourse without condoms (even if there was no ejaculation. Sperm is still released from the penis throughout intercourse, even if he does not "finish") or the condom broke, you should not be pregnant. LAM is the term for the prevention of pregnancy by use of the absence of your period due to breast feeding. As someone else described, if your baby is under 6 months and feeds at least every 4 hours each day, it is more effective than birth control.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• LOL I would not really be worried at all. I did it stupid I had it unprotected with pull out method and well my wounderful daughter came out of it My loving son was 3 months at the time so for 2 months during the year they are the same age lol. You have protection on your side I really would not worry
    laralizbeth81

Answer by laralizbeth81 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2009