keep child off kitchen table

man von learned how to climb in the kitchen table any tips

juggalosteph

Asked by juggalosteph at 11:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep taking him off the table telling him not to do that. That you keep food on the table not feet or whatever. Tell him that if he wants something then he needs to ask you for it so you can get it for him. But just be more persistant than him... =)
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You need to tell him NO! I did the mistake by putting my daughter on our kitchen table so she can dance for me she looked so cute as time went on she would try to do this. Finally I told her that she can fall and hurt herself mommy doesn't want you to do this anymore you can dance but you have gotten bigger so you can dance for mommy in the living room. And that was it.

GLblowing bubbles

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Consistency, consistency, consistency! ~~ Every time he gets up, take him off. Take the time to teach him now that you mean what you say. There will be bigger battles to come, so make sure you win the small ones first...LOL!
    He will more than likely start a tantrum after about the 3rd or 4th time, because he is ticked at you. If he throws himself on the floor, just walk away! ~~ But keep your eyes on him so he doesn't try to do it once you're gone...heeheehee!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I agree with the other moms. A firm "no climbing" combined with helping him down and redirecting his attention to something else every time should do it. If he has a tantrum, just make sure he's safe and ignore him. Good luck!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 12:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2009