Little spot of blood in my 17 month old daughters diaper

This morning when I was getting my daughter dressed, I changed her diaper. I noticed a little spot of blood in her diaper. Normally she pee's alot in the mornings after she wakes up, so I was a little surprised that her diaper wasn't very wet when I changed her but then I noticed a little spot of blood. I don't know if I should call her doctor or wait and see if there is anymore when I change her again. What do you think?

kvanness0824

Asked by kvanness0824 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I. personally, would take her to the doctor after you check her. It may be that she has a diaper rash that is causing her bottom to bleed. If you see no sign of a diaper rash, I'd go immediately. Good Luck!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• I saw this in my neighbors daughter, it might be a bladder infection, please take her to the DR
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 10:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• She doesn't have a diaper rash. I tried checking around there but she doesn't like me to so its hard to get a good look
    kvanness0824

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• OP--I would take her to the doctor. Hope everythings okay.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• I called and talked to a nurse at her doctors office and they said that its probably just from a skin irritation (which there is none) but they told me to watch it and if it gets worse or happens again then to call back.
    kvanness0824

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• My daughter had a diaper rash once from being sick & having diarrhea.. Her bottom wasn't at all red but she had specks of blood from her skin being raw. I would take her to the doctor anyway & demand they check her out.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• She did wet more now and there was nothing in her diaper. I hope thats all I see.
    kvanness0824

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• Good Luck!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2012

• I would take her to the Drs even tho they said to watch her.
    They might be able to find something once they see her.
    They can't actually see whats going on over the phone...
    i hope everything is alright with ur DD
    usmcwife.mommy2

Answer by usmcwife.mommy2 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2012