36 week contractions

So i went to the doctor yesterday and he said that i am 2 cm and 50 % effaced. last night i was having really bad pains and it felt hard to even walk everytime i stood up i would have a contraction. now today i have had contractions since 8:2o am they were 12 mins apart and around 10:30 they were four to six mins apart at 11:11 they have been 8 mins apart and keep dying down. what does this mean??

Coralee42

Asked by Coralee42 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its probably false labor. i went through the exact same thing at that time. keep monitoring them. if they get closer again call your doc, byt most likely they will get farther and farther apart and then theyll stop
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:49 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• They could be braxton hicks especially if they are not getting stronger. But my doc told me to call him if I had more than 6 in one hour. So that would be every ten minutes or so. I would call you OB if they keep getting stronger they do not have to be consitent to mean that you are in real labor!!
    JustUsTwo

Answer by JustUsTwo at 11:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If they are inhibiting your ability to walk and talk, call the doctor.

I thought I was having braxton hicks at 36 weeks.....my youngest was born the next day.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009