What do you think of this? serious opinions not hate please.

On Tuesday, Barack will officially start the massive job of restoring our country. As president, he plans to expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and the Peace Corps and to create new service organizations1, including:

a Classroom Corps to help underserved schools;
a Health Corps to serve in the nation's clinics and hospitals;
a Clean Energy Corps to achieve the goal of energy independence; and
a Veterans Corps to support the Americans who serve in harm's way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hmm...I'd be interested in helping out in the Clean Energy Corps. I don't have any expertise in physics or chemistry, but I love the earth and want to rescue the environment. Maybe they have tasks for ordinary folks, too. Thanks for posting this, because I hadn't heard about these initiatives!
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 12:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Honestly, everything sounds great....BUT I think that's why I'm scared out of my mind.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Sounds good. Now which one are you volunteering for? That's what the whole thing is based on is volunteering. Personally I've got a full plate on my hands and don't want to take anymore on.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Ya know I want all this but know that Obama is not the first president that will try something that will help out these thigs.I hope he gets his way but why would Obama be diferent?He has to go through the same people everyone else who has tried did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• baconbits i will be volunteering for the Veterans Corps to support the Americans who serve in harm's way. on some level. I already volunteer wth the veterans so i have no problem helping them out a little more. I'm very grateful to them.
    Anonymous

• I think it's a good idea. But doesn't he have to get Congress and the Senate to go along with this?

Answer by louise2 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If you're in D.C. on Monday, join others from around the country to assemble care packages for troops in Iraq at the Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium (inside a heated tent):

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=51093&id=15391-14371300-GkIdUkx&t=5
    Anonymous

• I honestly think it is great. I have been volunteering since I was 14. Working with Veterans activities now and within a few public schools in my area. I wonder, will it be an expansion of programs already in place? Like I am already extremely active in the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans. I wonder if his programs incorporate already established programs or will it create additional programs that will need additional funding? I hope he utilizes some wonderful programs that are already in place and just gives them opportunity to get some exposure. It may even be less strart up costs for tax payers to fund.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• yarnjunkie

you are welcome.
    Anonymous

• i would diffently love to help the Classroom Corps! some schools are so forgotten & the kids just think no one cares about them. how can we expect to better our country when so many students have no REAL learning environment?! when the school gets no $ b/c the test grades are low, so they cant hire better teachers to teach, so the kids fail the tests, so they get no $$...man i hate that part of no child left behind!!

ok...off my soapbox...i'll have to look this up! thanks for posting!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2009