Advice on how to potty train my little one.

My little girl is 2 and she has all the signs that she is ready to be potty trained but she won't do it. I have been trying for 3 weeks. The first week it looked like she was getting the hang of it and once she did do business on the potty and I rewarded her and she was very happy. From then on she's been doing it in her pull up and not telling me and hiding from us when we find out. I don't know what to do. Sometimes I'll put her on her potty for 15 to 20 mins and give her things to occupy her and and not soon after she gets her pull ups back on she will do her business. Help please!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Even though it can get messy, put her in the training underwear instead of the pull ups. If they get too nasty, throw them away! You are already throwing away an over $10 worth of pull up every week, so use that same amount of money for the undies =)
    She will not like the wet and slimy feeling of an accident, and she will learn SOOOO much faster. Pull-Up SUCK ~~~ IMO!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I'd put it all away (potty and pullups) and try again in a month or so. She may be showing all the signs but may not be quite ready yet. It's better off to not force it because if it becomes upsetting to her or if she sees you getting frustrated she'll associate potty training as being something bad. Putting it all away and bringing it out a month from now gives her a little more time to become ready and it keeps the potty and pullup thing "new and exciting" the next time you try.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• put your daughter on the potty every half hour once she is on the potty turn on your faucet and let the water flow until she puts pee in the potty, then turn the water off and get her down and clap your hands and say your such a big girl you peepee in the potty. put underwear on her not pants so if she has an "oops" only underwear needs to be washed make sure you do this every 30 min. then before you sit her down to eat before each meal put her on the potty don't let her eat until she goes and do the same before nap and bed, use pull ups for over night until she is able to stay dry over night for a whole week.
    cromwell8

Answer by cromwell8 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Don't use pull ups at all because that is no diffrent from a diaper..i have a son and he was potty trained in a week...its been a month and no accidents after the first week. They know the diffrence in diapers and undies. They hate undies being wet. leave her in pull-ups ONLY for bedtime until she decided she is a big girl and doesn't want them anymore...by the end of the first week he hated diapers and pull ups. now we use none...we have already saved over 60 bucks just in diapers
    Anonymous

• Successful potty training for girls
    Wait for the right moment

Let her watch and learn

Buy the right equipment

Help your child get comfortable with the potty

Motivate with cool underwear

Set up a training schedule

Teach her to sit and wipe

Set aside some naked time

Celebrate her successes

If at first she doesn't succeed, try, try again

Offer her incentives

Getting her dry at night

Ditch the nappies

texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 5:58 AM on Jan. 17, 2009