watery spit up

Hey guys my 5 month old is spitting up non stop today it's insane! and it's not just the normal amounts that she usually does. Plus it's watery...now I know after so many times it would become watery but it's been watery since the first time. Is this normal or could this be something to take her into the doctor for?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 12:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 6 month old spits up watery stuff alot during they day and has done it since she was about 3 months, my pediatrician says it's normal
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i agree with prev post my baby spits up more than i have ever seen but my ped said since she is gaining weight its normal
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Could be be teething? I have noticed that my dd's spit up is more watery lately and I think it is because she is teething and swallowing a lot more spit. I would not be concerned at all.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• This happened to my son at 6 months. He was just spitting up like "white water" all day. Not to scare you but it turned out to be the stomach flu as later that night he was throwing up all of his bottle like actual vomit at that point. it went on for several days. Not saying that is what it is by any means but it's possible. If your baby starts actually vomiting then you'll know. Otherwise it might just be some weird spit up thing going on. Obviously if it continues it wouldnt hurt to call in to the ped and just run it by the nurse.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 5:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2009