am i wrong?

am i wrong for not takin my baby daddy to court for child support cuz i dont want him to get her overnight? hes very abusive to me and i heard he was also selling crack....

iloveshealyn

Asked by iloveshealyn at 12:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• NO! You are not wrong! If he's not worthy of being her daddy, then ask him to sign over parental rights and forget about child support! If you are driven and determined, you can do it on your own. It won't be easy, but it's better than having to send your baby off with an abusive drug dealer!
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately, if you ever need to apply for government assistance, they may require that you seek out child support to qualify. Hopefully, that is something you won't have to deal with. But also, child support and visitation are two completely different things. Just because he is paying doesn't mean he will have visitation and just because he isn't doesn't mean he won't see her if he presses it. I would consult an attorney and see what you can do about getting his rights revoked if you are really concerned about him getting visitation. DO you have police reports or ER visits or anything to prove he is abusive?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• no you are not wrong.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• no i never reported it... but he would leave bruises were no one could see it like my legs and stuff like that.
    iloveshealyn

Answer by iloveshealyn at 12:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• No you are not wrong. I did the same thing.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 1:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would report the aduse, get a restraining order, and apply for child support. I would also move so he can't find me and apply for public assistance.
    Anonymous

• child support has nothing to do with visitation rights...let the courts know of his actions of abuse and drugs...but child support you need to ask for..
    Anonymous