Am I Too Old For Pink Hair?

I'm 23 and I have 3 kids. I want to dye my hair blond with pink tips. Am I too old for that? I want to be taken seriously, but I feel like I need to do something fun for myself. What do you think? Would you judge someone by their hair?

bestmommyeber

Asked by bestmommyeber at 12:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• if u r confident enough to pull it off go for it! it may be cute and like u said fun. it's hair, so nothing you do will be permanent. i went goth red w/ blonde highlights over the summer. it wasn't my thing but it was different and then it grew out and i rehighlighted over it. sometimes enjoying life is not taking things too seriously! good luck
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 12:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• LOL! I'm 39 and my hair is a different crazy color combination every month! I get tons of compliments on it from all different types of people.

You're only too old if you feel too old!!!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• IMO, no one will be taken seriously at ANY age with pink hair, but it's your hair, so do what you will.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Your never to old for pink hair. Do what you want to.Forget what everyone else thinks.

Answer by louise2 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I personally try not to judge people by those things, but many people will. Who is it that you want to be taken seriously by? I would think it would be hard to be taken seriously in the proffessional world and unfortunately even by other mothers(women can be VERY judgmental of other women). But hey you should do what makes you happy, your hair color doesn't affect how you care for you children.
    Anonymous

• Unless you are going trick or treating...lol

Just kidding do whatever makes you happy and your kids will love it too if anything ask them they will tell you the truth they always do. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I think that is you have a mature attitude when needed then do what you want with your hair. So long as it looks good ya know. I'm 26 and I often dye it black with fushia streaks and I have a great job at the government.
    MeeShee

Answer by MeeShee at 1:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I think that you are still young enough to get away with it. But you want to be taken seriously, and honestly no one will. So, maybe instead of dying it, you can buy those clip on extensions for your hair. My cousin that is not allowed to dye her hair bought them and wore them to Christmas. I thought they looked adorable and since it was not permanent, my aunt allowed her to put them in.
    missmissy

Answer by missmissy at 5:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• only you can decide when you're "too old".   personally, i dont think you are. i'm about to be 23 and i consider myself to be a baby! [in the grand scheme of things].  go for it.

adulation

Answer by adulation at 5:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I think if it makes u happy who cares,after all it's only hair!!!
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009