Potty training help

So we started potty training our daughter when she was about 22mth old.
And she was doung pretty good...
But once I had our son she stopped telling us when she has to go.
Now she won't even tell us she pottied in her diaper...
Is there a trick up ur sleves that you can share me?

usmcwife.mommy2

Asked by usmcwife.mommy2 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would put her in panties during the day and pull ups at night and when she potties in her panties during the day she should be told that it is unacceptable behavior and she will get the hint,i potty trained my dd when she was a year and a half old an this worked for us good luck!!

cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2012

• Thank you. :)
    usmcwife.mommy2

Comment by usmcwife.mommy2 (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2012

• The only way to train them is to put her in underwear all day. I would wait until she turns 3.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2012

• IMO I think you should just back off for a bit on potty training. The same thing happened with my daughter. She was doing great around 26 months. But then she just refused to go. I tried the underwear all day, and she didnt care if she got wet. I tried pull ups, she just used them like a diaper. I tried on and off with her for 4 months, and then I dcided to just let her tell me when she was ready. Then about 4 weeks ago I took her to visit the preschool she will be attending in the fall, and she LOVED it. But I showed her the potties and explained she couldnt go to school unless she used the potty everytime. *BAM* she was ready to do it, and since has only had one accident and it was within the first week she decided to start.
    Every child is different, but this is what I saw from my experience.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2012

• My son did the same thing when I had my daughter. Its something I think a lot of kids do when a new child comes in the house and takes away your 100% attention. I wouldn't push it to much and just keep reminding her every 30-45 mins if she needs to go potty. It takes time and now that there is a new addition to the family its different. So don't get upset if she pees in her pants,yes tell her its not ok to pee in her pants but getting frustrated won't help the situation. Good Luck, its a hard process and just remember no one goes to high school with diapers :)!
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 12:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2012