• In the Spotlight:

when do breastfed babies stomaches stop being so sensitive

i am breastfeeding my son and i still cant eat a variety of foods because it keeps him up or hurts his stomach

sweetmelissa451

Asked by sweetmelissa451 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Congratulations on giving your baby the best even though it is a bit of a pain right now! Every baby is different and your baby could grow out of the sensitivities in a few months or could be truly allergic to things for life. I know it can be difficult to cut things out of your diet but it won't last forever and you will never regret it. And your baby appreicates it too!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Some kids always have sensitivities , every kid is different , with somebabies nothing bothers them at all.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I don't know how old your son is but it could be acid reflux, both of my girls had it. That is if he is spitting up a lot and arches his back and just screames. if you are positive that it is a certain thing or things that you eat that upset him,then just stay away from them for a while and try to gradually add them back to your diet.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 12:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• All three of mine had acid reflux, the youngest being the worst!!! She had Rxs, xrays, procedures, weight loss and all. Do u use gas drops? Sometimes those help. There are also liquid OTC tummy calming stuff like chamomile and lavender creations by a few compaines like healthy remedies (i think). Hope that helps!
    mlt4marykay

Answer by mlt4marykay at 1:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2009