Would you separate from you man with this attitude?

Would you separate from you man if he had extreme irritable bowl syndrome (so much that you cannot enter the same room w/o heaving) and he refuses to see a doctor or acknowlege that there's a problem?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 12:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think I would leave him...it's a health issue...so even though its not on the same level as cancer or whatever...it's still a health issue. I would stress that he really needs to go see the doctor that you are getting really concerned. And that if he won't do it for himself, if he'll do it for you and the kids
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• THIS IS WHERE YOUR WEDDING VOWS COME INTO PLAY, FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE, IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH, I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHERE THE THOUGHT OF LEAVING HIM FOR THAT WOULD COME IN.

Answer by older at 12:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I feel your pain. I have a husband with the same problem. He also refuses to see a doctor. The problem is, it could be related to their pancreas or colon or large intestine as well. It could also be cancer. They truly have to have it seen about, but I think both our husbands are afraid to face the fear of immortality. If you can convince your guy go see a doctor, please let me know how you did it ok.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my husband lives with a chronic and serious medical condition. One that is not an issue at all if he is strict with himself. Occasionally he slides a little in his control. But over all he does well. Lately he is on a down side and his specialist has told him he needs to pull his act together if he wants to see his child be a teenager. So this is my stance with him, you have to care about yourself and your family enough to take care of your body. I won't stand by and watch as you slowly die and I won't let our child be around to watch that either. Its not because I don't love him. Its because I do. I can't be around to watch him slowly kill himself through non action. My line in the sand with him is that if he loves his family, including himself, take care of your health or we won't be here for you because you won't have the courtesy of being here for us in the future.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• if that is what it takes for them to get to the dr i would. or i would tell them he isn't getting any more sex until he went to the dr. that might work as well. anything to get them checked out i say.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would demand he get some help or yes, I would leave the house(maybe not divorce him) but I would.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I'm not with this man. The topic came up in conversation. I had an ex and a co-worker with the syndrome. Unfortunately, there was no leverage in the situation at the time.

All of you are sweethearts, especially lighthousemom3 and frawdog. Thank You! :-)
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I know someone that has that. He is so hot and has a great job and gorgeous wife and three kids. Please tell him to go to a doctor. I feel for you. You deserve better.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009