Do mindless statements from your family irritate you?

Do mindless statements, such as "you made your bed, go lay in it", "think out of the box", and similar like, when speaking about life's issues irritate you?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 12:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes...my FIL tells my husband to "Go wash his hair" (Get your head outta your ass!!) I think it is amusing but it does get a little old.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• lol yes my mom says ( I dont know how you do it ) every day ohh it gets on my nerves so bad lol

sunkist9

Answer by sunkist9 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My MIL will start to say something, then sort of snap her mouth shut and say, "Well, I won't say anything about that." and she won't ! It gets annoying. I'm like, well, why did you start then?
    Anonymous

• Not nearly as much as unsolicited advice from them. Always a comment or "suggestion" about how I do everything from raising my kids to paying my bills. It gets very frustrating....
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• After losing so many family members to cancer the past couple years I love to hear the lame things my family say to me. I have learned to appreciate it.
    Anonymous

• The only thing I can really think of is my husband and FIL saying "Jeezum Crow." That just makes me crazy.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My mom says "I brought you in to this world, I can take you out."
    I'm thinking...Yea, well I didn't bring you in this world but I could still take you out..
    Of Course she's joking but it's a stupid statement.
    I also hate when they start telling me about something like a secret or something that happened or something they know but then they say "But I can't tell you what it is." Ugh!
    Then why did you bother to bring it up?
    Anonymous

• Depends on my mood.
    But my mom sent me the following sentence in an e-mail this morning...she is so weird!
    "Sue, I made homemade marshmellows from Martha Stewarts recipe and they are sooo delicious.
    WTF? That was all she said...I found that so weird. Just that not how are you? What's new? Just that one sentence...funny.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• yes..my parents always say

"Would you rather walk to work, or carry your lunch"

that irritates me
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 6:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yes, I get that from my Sisters all the time., They think I am wasting my time with my homebusiness. They won't even see orlisten to anything about it. They believe you are not truly working hard if you don't work long painful hours at the mercy of an employer, little do they know how hard I work. I am making great changes not only in our lifestyle by becoming healthier but in our financial situation. I intend to be debt free and living the life I want to live. I am extremely gratified by my job, I help so many families get the harmful chemicals out of thier homes By educating them on the dangers and also help them greatly financially, I have a great team of women who are going to be financially Independent. Just listen to "YOURSELF" not others, no matter who they are!
    ginaisgreen

Answer by ginaisgreen at 6:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2009