Would you like to see this done?

I think this nation should commit itself to building the most technologically advanced, fastest, and safest electric-powered, long-distance, magnetic levitation nationwide commuter train system.

Other countries like Japan and France have the Bullet Train and the TGV, respectively, which are very fast trains. The fastest trains in the world are Magnetic Levitation trains, which would revolutionize mass transit in America if we had them. There is no reason why America should not have these trains. they are far more comfortable and quieter than airplanes, and with electricity as the power source they are much better for the enviornment. Amtrak is out of the question because they use existing freight tracks. We need new trains and new tracks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My brother worked for an enginnering firm that was trying to get a high speed rail through Ohio. It was shot down by politicians in 1994. He felt the auto indistry lobbyists shot it down. I think it would be a great thing.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• They've approved a highspeed rail system in California with this last election. All that's needed now is to begin work, zoning, etc. All the issues that go into getting it on the ground. It will still be several years before the rail system is realized.

Transit is still for the most part a state issue.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would love this.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009