problems with depo shots?

i got the depo shot for the first time after my 2nd child. i don't think it went so well... i waited about 3 months after delivery to get it. i breast fed my 1st child with no probs. and no probs. with the 2nd one till i got the shot and then i had horible cracked and bleeding nipples, plus i bled the whole time. when it was close to the time to get the next shot everything cleared up almost over night. Anyone else had probs with the shot?

setliff

Asked by setliff at 12:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Health

• i used it for almost a year after my first child.it made my hair fall out and thin out. i never used it again and my hair filled back in. it's nothing i would ever consider using again.
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 1:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I used it for 2 years, I bled for probably the first 3 months strait and then never again after that, I was always a nervous wreck, i swear i took a HPT every month, lol, due to no period. I gained massive amounts of weight and was extremely moody and irritable, I would never go back on it again.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• oooh i had probs the whole time ... i didnt bf so i didnt have the same probs ... i did have a long 1st period , it lasted a month (which is normal - my dr told me) ... than didnt have any , had alot of headaches , and gained ALOT of weight ... then got off it and couldnt get pregnant for quite sometime
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I had probs alos..i got severe back problems with it...i also got pregnant on it
    Pepperlynns

Answer by Pepperlynns at 1:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• The only issues I had with the depo shot was no sex drive at all and my hair was falling out.
    Princessstar024

Answer by Princessstar024 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2009