What are your favorite "I'm completely broke" recipes?

Preferably homemade. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Homemade stir fry. I did this the other night. Leftover chicken, frozen veggies ( i buy the bags so it lasts a while and is way cheaper than canned), instant rice (buy a big box cheap), eggs (scrambled in the rice) spices i already had (ginger, salt, pepper, sesame seed) and soy sauce (in packets from Panda Express that i saved from the last time we could afford to eat out)
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Mac & Cheese with seasoned salt for flavor mmm.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Oh also, last night I made spaghetti with olives, tomatoes, mushrooms, and olive oil. Yummay =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I cook a lot with ground turkey. It's fairly cheap, I usually pay $2-3$ per package and I make a lot of stuff with it. Turkey meatloaf, turkey meatballs, turkey sloppy joes, turkey with tomato sauce. You can make a lot with it and season it any way you want.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 1:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Ramen noodles with leftover chicken or beef
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• if you have a box of noodles you can but like cream of mushroom in it, its kinda like mac an cheese you can use all different kinds of cream of soup with it, i also use hamburger and mac for a quick hamburger helper,
    Anonymous

• pasta & a can of tuna w/ mayo dressing & season salt (i make this on mon & still have enough for lunch everyday till fri), rice & beans is always cheap but not very yummy IMO, rice & anything actually (we always have rice b/c we buy it in a huge bag).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Rice and any kind of dried bean or peas (limas, black-eyed peas, pintos, etc.)
    RNMOMO4

Answer by RNMOMO4 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• hot dogs and top ramen!!
    Anonymous

• Spaghetti. It's one of my favorite foods already, so I always have pasta and sauce in the house. If I do run out of sauce (not very often), I will still have half & half and cheese (parmesan, and Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio, which has parmesan and asiago, provolone and mozz), so I can still make an alfredo type sauce...and sometimes I mix the two.

Also, mac & cheese with tuna in it is good in a pinch!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2009