True Dead Beat Dad?

1st - There was the separation. 2nd - EX Only came and picked up DS on Saturdays, just for the day. 3rd - Never called to ask how DS was doing or to talk to DS. 4th - There were "I don't feel good" days that he didn't take that one day a week with DS. 5th - He moved halfway across the country for a job (albeit it was a good opportunity, no extra pay) {Hmmm new job halfway across the country for no more $$ or be near DS?} Answer is simple to ME. 6th - Still the most MINIMAL phone calls to DS. 7th - Comes back home for a week long vacation in LBI and after not seeing DS for 6 months, takes him for 3 days, (because and I quote "I can't exactly take him to a bar, can I?") F***ING ridiculous. I'd want to spend every minute with DS if I were in that position. 8th - Did not bring a CS check with him because he needed to pay for his motorcycle. Hasn't paid in 5 weeks. (Sorry if I don't care about EX's joyride.... care about being able to take care of DS) **Cont’d with 1st answer**

Mommaniffer

Asked by Mommaniffer at 9:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• 9th - Here comes the closing of the divorce, I don't agree to take his $100/wk for child support, instead go with what the State mandated at $184/wk. He was supposed to pick DS for the day before he flew back west ending his vacation. He blew off DS because he was pissed and didn't feel like dealing with me. 10th - Haven't spoken since, 2 weeks. When he moved out west, it was with his new GF and her DS, and without a second thought for DS. For 4 months, she didn't get a job. EX was supporting his GF and her DS and not sending $$ home for his OWN son. Yet, he never seemed to understand why that meant something. He buys a motorcycle that he can't afford, won't pay child support, he buys a puppy, another mouth to feed. The list does go on, but I have gone on and on already. Is it just me? or are his priorities totally A$$ backwards?
    Mommaniffer

Answer by Mommaniffer at 9:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Of course it's not just you. Yes, he's a dead beat dad and one day he will realize what he is missing.
    The most important thing for you to do is to shelter your son from your anger. Don't minimize his diappointment but don't add yours to his. One day he may have a relationship with his dad (or another dad-figure) and if you say nasty things about dad in front of him, it will make it harder for him to reach out.
    And go back to court and see if you can get "dad's" wages garnished. Sad to say, but that is one reason some men choose to be jobless and homeless - so they don't have to pay support.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• totally not you only. its him. sounds likeyou guys are better off without him.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:14 AM on Jul. 19, 2008