MAJOR ADVISE WEDDING RING HELP..

My husband got me a wedding ring for our 10th year anniversary, i have memory problems, so i can remember cerain things, but anyways 2 days ago i thought i had put my ring in a shirt when i went to get it out it wasnt there, so i might of had it in my palm, and lost it somewhere, on my way to get the kids, what to do, i am devistated, he saved for 10 years and i lost it within in a week of having it? does insurance cover what to do?? help should i see a psychic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• As upset as you are, you really should first try and relax and really think back to what you were doing the MOMENT you realized you had misplaced your ring. Then think back to the moments before that realization what you were doing, where you were, what you were wearing, and so on. Retrace EVERY step! Could your ring be in a laundry basket, a washer/dryer, in a drawer, in a pants pocket/shirt (other than the one you think you left it in), a jacket pocket? Did you leave it on a bathroom or kitchen counter or shelf--when washing your hands,applying hand lotion, etc?

I am truly sorry if you cannot find your ring, and unfortunately, unless you had it insured (separate from your homeowners policy), it will not be covered. Valuables are insured independently of your other insurance plans...I have Allstate, and they charge us an extra $15 per $1000 of value (all items listed) per month!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• It will turn up as soon as you stop looking for it. That seems to be how it works :-)

Homeowners insurance will sometimes cover the loss of jewelry but it all depends on your policy. You should call and find out. Many jewelry stores also offer an additional theft/loss policy that can be added to the ring purchase when the ring is purchased at the store. Ask your husband if he invested in one such policy when he bought the ring.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Oh crap! I know how you feelt hough, I lost the necklace my husband gave me for our one year anniversary. :'( I still hope I find it...but I'm devastated and it's been months....
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 2:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My homeowner's insurance plan will cover loss of jewelry up to a certain amount. I can't remember what my policy says, but say for the sake of argument that it only covers jewelry up to $1000. If you want an article insured for above that amount, then you have to take out a separate policy on it (a personal articles policy) for whatever amount the item is worth.

Retrace your steps. Not the same, but I recently went through this with my keys and discovered that my toddler had hidden them in the living room!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 2:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009