Period after BC?

I stopped my BC in Oct and had a 3 day period and nothing since-i have had alot of people tell me that it can take 3 months for the Bc to get out of your system and maybe 6 months for your period to go back to normal. I am just wondering if the same has happened to anyone else? ( Also took a test that was negative on 1/15/09).

brookelynn2609

Asked by brookelynn2609 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well it is true that it can take a while before your period becomes regular after stopping BC. Also depending on the birth control method. Usually with the pill it can take up to 6 months to get pregnant. I would suggest getting a first response ovulation test, that will help you keep track of when you can get conceive.

CNM518

Answer by CNM518 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Ok I stopped in September after 14 years straight on the pill. In Oct, my af came 29 days and it was a 5 day period. November it came exactly 29 days later, lasted 4. December 28 days later, lasted 4. So basically its been on point and I was/am pleasently surprised. We're ttc now and I'm due the 31st. So we'll see. I talked to my doctor and he said I was lucky that its coming on its own so regular, especially because I was irregular prior to bc. Good luck!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• When I went off bc last April I didn't get my first period until June.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2009