My Toddler Won't Sleep! HELP!

My 2 1/2 year old son will not sleep anymore. He absolutely REFUSES to sleep day or night. He will not nap during the day no matter how much I try to wear him out or how much sugar I restrict. He's up at ALL hours of the night and he gets into EVERYTHING. Right now it is 4AM and i've just put him back down for the 8th time tonight. I know he will be back up in 45 minutes and probably be up for the rest of the day. He's up every 30 minutes to an hour tops every single night. This has been going on for about a month and i'm at wits end. He won't let me or his baby brother get any rest. He's gotten so destructive and cranky and downright mean that we don't know what to do anymore. I've tried warm baths, storytime, going to bed at the same time, waking up at the same time, no tv, no noise, no sugar etc. I have to sleep on the sofa at night now so that i can catch him before he can start tearing up the house. I'm to the point I may have to quit my job because I haven't slept since this started a month ago and I just cant function anymore.

Dajennible

Asked by Dajennible at 5:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would talk to his doctor and see if she has anything she recommends. Have their been any big changes is his life that maybe this is how he is dealing with it?
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2012

• Cosleep

Answer by rkoloms at 7:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2012

• Nap time isn't something every child does. My son stoped taking naps around 2 1/2 and as much as it sucked it does happen. As for at night try warm milk before he goes to bed then wipe his teeth clean. Do you lay with him while he is going to bed? Do you have soft music on when he is going to bed? Thats what both my kids need at night. after a warm bath its music and a fan(white noise) then their comfort blanket and then lights out.
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 12:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2012