PROSECUTE WRONGFULL WAR CRIMES FROM THE TOP DOWN NOT THE DISABLED VETERAN? yes or no?

There was no weapons of mass destrution in Iraq.. What I can't understand, is how we were in a war with afghanistan and ended up in Iraq? VA/GOV should be changed. The veteran should not be penalized, degraded, distressed, stressed, ignored, discriminated, aggrevated, jugdicated, etc.. wrongfully and not grant our benefits. Our veterans did no crime. It came from the top. The soldiers should have been pulled out years ago. Everybody wants a BAILOUT, some have recieved it. What about the veteran.? PTSD, TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY etc..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't understand why anyone would oppose taking care of our vets just because they volunteered to defend our country. If anything I think we should be grateful to them.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I don't understand, what is your question? Can you clarify this, please?
    Anonymous

• Last time I checked there was no DRAFT! So EVERY SINGLE ONE of the service men and women VOLUNTEERED to train for and DEFEND our country!!!!

NO SOLDIER is going to face war crimes as long as they were following orders from their commanding officers!!! Now, if they went "rogue" that's a different story!

Sure, some soldiers handle the stress of combat and transitioning back to civilian life better than others, but, again, EVERY SOLDIER knows the risks they are taking when they enlist!!!

My uncle is a Vietnam Vet, and more than 40 years later still can't get his life together. Meanwhile, he just happened to serve at the same time as Senator John Kerry (along with THOUSANDS of men who got their acts together and made something of their lives!), and look what he managed to do with his life!
    Anonymous

and that makes it acceptable to not take care of them when they return damaged?

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i am very upset to see how vets are being treated.... it makes me sick....

OP there are still bad people in IRAQ.. i agree we need to leave there and concentrate on Afganistan but believe it or not those basd guys arent that dumb... i bet u as soon as we leave iraq it goes down hill.....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2009