my 9 yrs old daughter gets non stop uti's for the last 8 months what could be causing it?

my daughter is always in the hospital i haven taken her to specialist she goes to the doctor very often she takes her meds like the dr tells me to give it to her but she just keeps getting worse i keep having to take her to the hospital then they put her on more medicine i hav not found the help i need for her ..she gets really fraustrated i dont know how to help her..please help

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Well do you just take her to the hospital or her pedi? If you take her to the pedi as well and you are not getting help, get a new pedi. I don't know what causes them.

Anonymous

• She may not be wiping properly....also, try letting her sleep at night with no underware. I used to get them alot when I was little too.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry. That must be very hard for her. I would go and get a second opinion. If you have a research medical school (such as Duke, Medical College of South Carolina, Emory ect..) I would start there. Travel may be worth it in her case if you want to get to the bottom. Usually research hospitals tend to think outside the box and have the most up to date information as well as the better doctors. I had frequent UTI's that never ended. Turned out they were not actually UTI's. I had a condition that caused my bladder to be irritated and it caused false positives on the test. So I had to drastically change my diet including what I drank. Anything with dyes in my drink or citrus was totally a no no. But it took years before that diagnosis was made and many specialists. If they can't isolate the cause then you need to keep trying different doctors. As in very specialized people.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 2:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would go to an endocrinoligist. they specialize in Kidneys and bladder. I hope you find what's wrong.
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 2:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Does she take a lot of bubble baths?
    Anonymous

• We have a history of them in the females in our family. I had several back to back and kidney stones. I learned to pass my own after paying $3000 for ER visits only to be sent home. Here are some of the tips that Ive learned over the years. I got sick of staying in the doctors office and sick of being in pain and finally learned things to do to control them.

Shower instead of tub baths, cup of 100% cranberry juice every morning..no mixtures or concentrates straight 100% juice, no dark sodas, if light sodas and drinks with lots of sugar flush with a glass of water, wiping from front to back is essential, after bowel movements she should wash to make sure she is thoroughly cleaning, cotton undies and it is said it is best to sleep without any undies at all, if she has to go GO dont try to hold it like alot of kids dohey are playing.

Hope this helps some.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 4:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• A urologist that specializes in children's urinary problems, although it sounds as though you may have done this already.
    Showers only. Drink lots of water. I drink cranberry juice, a glass a day.
    I agree that she needs to be helped, poor little one.

Answer by Bmat at 5:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You've gotten some good answers. One thing that wasn't mentioned, and I know this is something no one wants to think about, but sexual abuse is something that should be ruled out as well.
    Hope she starts feeling better.
    Anonymous

• Urologist should be consulted. Don't risk her kidneys. Also, masterbation can cause UTI's.
    Anonymous

• bubble baths and wiping back to front are common causes. also the masturabtion thing or maybe it is from her anatomy. maybe she needs a urologist. try no bb and teachh proper wiping in the time being. maybe it will help,.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2009