TWINS...

I just found out that I am carrying TWINS! I will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I was just wondering how different twin pregnancies are than regular one baby pregnancies? I already have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter and we thought we were going to have one more and be done...LOL...I guess we were wrong huh! Will I feel them move earlier...etc... any suggestions will be helpful! I am very scared!

TiffanyReed

Asked by TiffanyReed at 1:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Congrats!! That is soo exciting! I have always wanted to have twins! You are going to have your hands full lol*!! I dont have any advice because i've never had twins lol* Good luck though!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Congratulations! You might feel movement a little earlier, but you might not. With a twin pregnancy, you'll have more doctor's appointments and you'll feel uncomfortable and excrutiatingly tired much sooner than you did with the single. I suggest preparing early on because it will be much harder to do things later in the pregnancy, and also there is a greater chance you'll end up on bedrest or have your babies early (remember it is just a greater chance, not a given that you will have bedrest or early babies) . The pregnancy is rough, but the end result is wonderful. Join a twin group or two on Cafemom to find out what other twin moms have to say!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2009