Am I a bad mother...?

I dont like my daughter to have alot of juice, if we are out I will get her watered down apple juice or ogange juice, but I dont give her any juice at home. And I really dont let her have koolaid ect. The only thing I allow her to have at home is water or milk? Does this make me a bad mom? Everyone always tells me I NEED to give her juice? Why, she eats alot of fruit so she gets "juice" from that, I just dont see what it is necissary for her to have juice? BTW she is only 14 months old!

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 1:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No i dont let my little one have alot either i only give him water or milk and my other kids always have sugar free kool aid and he has that at times but very rarley does he have juice the milk is hard enough on his teeth!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Nope, I am the same way. You don't Need to give her juice. What you are doing is great.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• No Way , your Not A Bad Mom.. I agree that is what I do for my children too...
    LovingMitri

Answer by LovingMitri at 1:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• eating fruit is better then drinking juice... so no your not a terrible mom
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 1:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• ur fine..i did the same thing sometimes full strength juice is hard on little tummies..especially orange juice...the older ur child get the less water and more juice u can use.....but no ur not a bad mother...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 1:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it! You are a great mother...don't let anyone tell you anything different. my daughter is allergic to milk so that is not an option for us. So I give her diluted orange juice with calcium to replace the calcium she is lacking from milk. But if your daughter will drink milk or water I wouldn't give her juice because it isn't good for their teeth most of the time.
    happydaystoday

Answer by happydaystoday at 1:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My pedi tells me not to give my kids juice but to give them fruit to eat and my oldest is 12.You are not a bad mom.Everyone tries telling me what I need to give mine too but I just tell them that is not what I want to give MY children.
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 1:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I do the same thing. My kids get water of milk to drink and eat lots of fresh fruit instead of juice.
    runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 1:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I do the same thing. You're setting good habits for when she is older that will help keep her weight in check.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 1:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Its what you want to do! Its not bad of you. My daughter wasnt allowed to have any juice due to her ulcers. I think that everyone has different techniques of parenting.... I don't go up to complete strangers and say wow, your a vegan.. and raising your children to be vegan, thats a really bad parenting choice!! Tell the people who say your a bad mom to mind their own business! If this is what makes you and your family happy at the end of the day, SO BE IT!!! NOT A BAD PERSON just because you don't allow juice at home... wow... some people...
    Anonymous