Do we really need Health insurance companies?

Get the Insurance Companies out the Health Care
The reason that our country pays more for health care than anywhere else in the world and still has poor health outcomes is that the system is run by profit-seeking insurance companies. Health insurance should not be a for-profit field.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, I worked for one of those ins companies and some of the things I saw and heard were ridiculous.

We were always told premiums went up so much due to rx drug costs but I'll bet the CEO who left after less than 2 years, with over a million in bonuses didn't help either.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 2:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• no we don't. I supoort single-payer universal health care before our private health insurance companies bankrupt the American people and the economy.
    Anonymous

• so, you want the national association of zookeepers taking care of your medical needs now? wtf
    Anonymous

• illegals getting health care, and people not paying their medical bills is why your costs are so high. sheesh.
    Anonymous

• Friday We were always told premiums went up so much due to rx drug costs but I'll bet the CEO who left after less than 2 years, with over a million in bonuses didn't help either.

exactly
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Of course we do. At least until I'm out of school and no longer need my job at the insurance company I work for. They are paying my tuition and they pay very well thank you. After I have my nursing degree, let them rot in hell.
    Anonymous

• So many want a government who they complain about not being effective to run their health care? Makes perfect sense to me. No thank you.
    Anonymous

• Ask someone who has universal health care. The answer will surprise you.
    Anonymous

• I trust the health insurance companies my family deals with more than the government. I had Tricare for years. If that is what government run health care looks like, they can keep it!
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Tricare isn't so bad. How much do you pay for prescriptions? Free on base? $3.00 off base? Have you ever had a blood test or procedure denied because someone in a cubicle in India deemed it unnecessary? It costs you what, nothing, to have a child in a military hospital? I would rather have Tricare than deal with insurance companies. I will never be declined coverage because I have a pre-existing condition. Granted, it's a pain in the butt to get seen and the providers are usually a-holes, but I will never complain about it.. I know that if I need to get something done, it will get done and at no cost to me or my family. I've been dealing with it for 14 years with no major problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jan. 17, 2009