Decent Makeup Brushes??

Does anyone know of any Rite Aid or Walmart-available makeup brushes that DON'T SHED all over your face? I paid for the Bare Minerals brushes when I bought the makeup but those SHED and I hate them. I'm betting I can get something better at Rite Aid or Walmart, but which ones?

*Rite Aid and Walmart are my only two stores nearby.

AnitaVersion2.0

Asked by AnitaVersion2.0 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• the only brushes i have bought that DONT shed are from sephora... they only sell cheap ones at rite aid and walmart.
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 1:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I bought one that folds down into itself that I like. Also I use the brushes from Mary Kay. I started using them when I started selling the products and I like that their eye shadow applicators don't fall apart. I used to have that happen with my other eye shadows before.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• The ones I use are Sonia Kashuk brushes and you can find them at Target. They don't shed and I've had the for a while now.
    ixadorexpink

Answer by ixadorexpink at 2:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I have a maybelline brush and a max factor brush, have had them forever (literally like 4 years now) and I got them at walmart and they are still good...
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 5:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Thank you for your answers!
    AnitaVersion2.0

Answer by AnitaVersion2.0 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• The best brushes are actually from art stores... you can get much higher quality brushes, made of the same materials (usually better materials, and even goat hair) for a fraction the cost of even the cheapest "make-up" brushes. The art store brushes are far more durable, and you have a much wider variety (if you want the same ones from the make-up counters, get a picture from online from MAC or Bobbie Brown of the individual brushes). Just make sure to pick the individual, unpackaged, ones, and don't buy the multi-packs. Feel them too, if you don't like the feel on your hands, you really won't like them on your face.
    artgeekmama

Answer by artgeekmama at 2:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2009