should congress get a raise?

I propose Congress not get thier (annual) pay raise of $4700.00 this year. They should not get one more cent of our tax dollars until the budget is balanced, the recession is over and Americans trust thier judgement.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They don't need a raise, nor do they need to continue to cut veterans' benefits and prevent the passage of SCHIP (except the 26 year old is still a child crap) while they have a very cushy healthcare package that we pay for with our tax dollars. They also give themselves a cost of living allowance increase.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i am never for congress getting a raise.. not every year anyways! and those congressmen and congresswomen, that are in jail, should lost their rights to their retirement! it is ridiculous that they break the law and their word to the voters and they are still paid for it???
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I agree with you totally. Why should they get paid all that money for making the economy worse!!
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• nope no raise for them. they should all take a pay cut
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• they dont need a raise
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• When everyone in the country is back to getting the raises that they deserve and are not in fear of losing their jobs to massive layoffs then we'll talk about a raise for Congress.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• SURE!!! Why not?!?!? We can just keep printing more money!!! It's no different than the value of Monopoly money anyway. I say give the "poor" little Congressmen a bailout!!! (sarcasm)

This is what happens when you vote DEMOCRAT!!! Better luck next time!
    Anonymous

• oh please anon as if congress has not being run by republicans for 10 out of teh last 12 yrs.
    Anonymous

• Our Congressman has donated his full congressional salary to local charities here in my city 2 years in a row. Just thought that was interesting. They aren't all evil.
    Anonymous

• Does not bother me at all. My husband gets a raise annually as most of us do. I see no reason they should not. Those in office were elected by us so if they suck so much vote them out.
    Anonymous