How can I deal with my ex-husband's wife?

I know I'm not the only one who's gone through this, so I need your help. My ex and I were married for 15 years. I divorced him and got primary custody of our now 8 and 10 year old children. 3 months after the divorce, he married his girlfriend...who he had been dating SINCE high school. ( Yes, the ENTIRE TIME we were married. ) She has no children, and he's had a vasectomy, so she's decided to take the "step" in step mother way too literally and is "stepping" all over me. I have tried being nice, but that doesn't work. She's a manipulative control freak and I can't take it anymore.

Help?!?!!

dudes_ding

Asked by dudes_ding at 10:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• First, stop being nice. Tell your ex that if he doesn't get his b*tch on a leash this is going to end up in court...okay, not in those words, but you get the point. That what she is doing CAN cause him to lose his time with the kids.

Research the statutes in your state/county. There should be lawyers at the court that will advise you for free. Find out what constitutes parental interference in your area. Document all of their infractions. If it doesn't stop, when you've met the burden of proof, take them to court. You'll be able to get a restraining order against her that will cause her to have to leave the house when the kids go to dad's.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• invite her to coffee at a neutral place and tell her that you can appreciate her wantign to do right by your kids. you love them after all. but you are the mom and you are very sorry she doesn't have any but she doesn't and she has to follow what you say since its best for the children. tell her you are open to her concerns but your word is law. explain to her that even though she was completley disrespecting you while having an affair wiht yoru husband the entire time you were married to him, you're try to put that behind you and estlabish a respectful relationship with her since she is going to be a big part of their lives but the buck stops wiht you and that is how it will be. if all else fails, pull out her hair. he he. you know you want to. (that's a joke people)
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:11 AM on Jul. 19, 2008