should i get tubal reversal or surrogate or ivf?

I want more children and my tubes are tied! 4x times c-section

thewinneris

Asked by thewinneris at 2:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Both are expensive. Tubal rarely works out when you get the reversal. If you want to spend the $$$ go with the surrogate.
    Anonymous

• http://www.babies-by-levin.com/

Dr. Levin is great. Check out his website. Best wishes.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You can do IVF without a reversal, and I have heard it is actually more successful. A surrogate will be the most expensive, and it would not be necessary unless you cannot carry your own pregnancy.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• It totally depends on you and what you want to do. I had my tubes tied after my son was born and regretted it from day one. I had to have it done for medical purposes though. I had a consult with a Reproductive Endocrinologist and had intended on having a reversal, but stuff happened. For me, with that RE, it was going to be $10,000 out of my pocket. Depending on your insurance, they may pay for some. I have heard of some BCBS plans that help pay. Mine didn't. My RE told me I would have a 60% chance of getting pregnant again after the reversal.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• CONTINUED

My thoughts on it were that IVF can run you up to $20,000 for one attempt. Reversal was $10,000 and I could try month after month after month. You should really have a consult with an RE and see what they have to say. With some type of tubal ligations reversals are not possible and if you had too much tube removed, it would be very unlikely that a reversal would be successful.
    AlliO2